Background Image

Friday, January 10, 2014

Review - Beardology Beard Oil and Beard / Mustache Wax

So there aren't a lot of reviews for indie men's products and I thought that I'd share my experience with Beardology, an indie shop that sells their products on Etsy. You can view the shop here.

I was looking for stocking stuffers for my husband for Christmas. He's mentioned in the past that he wanted a wax for his mustache to keep it in place while it grows. I searched high and low locally and couldn't find one.

I've had great luck with Etsy in the past, so I decided to look for a nice little grooming kit for him. I found Beardology, which sells mostly beard oils, beard balms, aftershave, lip balm, and a few roll-on colognes. What's nice is that you can buy the items individually, or as a kit.

Beardology is run by a husband and wife team and their motto is "handmade natural products from our home to yours."

I bought my husband the Beard Oil and Beard Balm kit in the Earthen scent for $16.95.

And let me tell you, that was a fantastic idea.

You get a 1 oz metal tin of the beard balm, a soft and creamy wax, and a 2 oz bottle of their beard conditioning oil.

This scent is amazing. If you love camping or the great outdoors or simply want you (or your significant other) to smell like someone that could live off the land and wrestle bears then this scent is for you. It's clean, earthy, woodsy, and inviting. Patchouli can be an overwhelming scent sometimes, but this mixture is balanced just right. My husband loves wearing it, and I love smelling him.

The beard balm is a soft hold wax that goes on easily and can be removed with the oil, water, and a fine tooth comb. It provides just enough hold to keep stray hairs out of the mouth, but may not hold up to styles that requires heavier shaping.


I asked my husband to give me a quote for this blog post and he said "it's all the smell of a beard caught on fire without the fire, which is good." That's verbatim, by the way.


Beard Balm IngredientsBeeswax, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E, Rosewood Essential Oil, Cedarwood Essential Oil, Patchouli Essential Oil, Ylang Ylang Essential Oil  (not vegan)

Beard Oil Ingredients: Avocado Oil, Jojoba Oil, Argan Oil, Ylang Ylang, Patchouli, Cedarwood Essential Oil, Rosewood Essential Oil, and Vitamin E Oil  (vegan) 

I'm giving Beardology and this scent a 5/5.


14 comments:

  1. My husband is trying to grow a long beard. Whenever he grows it out he just gets random open patches that don't grow hair. I think he would look good looking with a full beard. I want to get him some product that will help it. http://blacklabelbeard.com/product-category/beard-balm/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beauty products for men, like beard oil, beard creams etc are very helpful in growing beard more beautiful. They are helpful in retaining the color of the beard. Beard oil has no side effect. I have used it many times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your post. I’ve been thinking about writing a very comparable post over the last couple of weeks, I’ll probably keep it short and sweet and link to this instead if thats cool. Thanks.
    beard maintenance

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    This above post is quite interesting and is giving a clear description about Beard grooming kit...Thank you for posting it.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful article, thanks for putting this together! This is obviously one great post. Thanks for the valuable information and insights you have so provided here.
    beard maintenance

    ReplyDelete
  6. TheMailRoomBarberCo was formed by Robert Watkins, a Master Barber in Florence, South Carolina, best pomade, beard oil, pomade for men and pomade.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good information and great post.  I like the website, and am sure to keep returning.
    beard wash

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked the content on this site. Would like to visit again.

    Best Beard Product
    Best Anti Aging

    ReplyDelete
  9. The website is looking bit flashy and it catches the visitors eyes. Design is pretty simple and a good user friendly interface.
    best beard oils

    ReplyDelete
  10. unrefined shea butter, coconut oil, jojoba oil, almond oil, meadowfoam oil, and vegetable glycerine. best beard oils

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was really want to get some more detail and information about the organic soap but your blog helped me so much thank you for sharing it.
    organic soap

    ReplyDelete