Background Image

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Lip Swatches - Hello Waffle and Shiro

Hello Waffle Vegan Tinted Lip Balms


I asked Hello Waffle to leave out the peppermint oil since I find that it dries my lips. The formula thins easily with a little heat and glides on smoothly. The color can be put on sheer or built up to a moderate opacity. 

The original formula is a sheer balm. It was a little stiff to apply but once on the lips it glides easily.

Cotton Candy is a bright petal pink that applies easily. This one was the best of the three colors I chose.

Maraschino is a bright cherry red but on my lips it becomes a little more of a coral red. Most reds tend to turn either coral or fuchsia on me so I wasn't surprised, and it's not a fault of the product. I really love this color! It has a great payoff and wasn't difficult to apply.

Vamp is a bolder wine red that I had trouble keeping cohesive. I had to do multiple passes to build up the color and when I pressed my lips together it tuned patchy. I think that if it was a thicker formula it would be easier to apply. The color is really beautiful though.

Ingredients: Mango Butter, Carnauba Wax, Castor Oil, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E, Peppermint Extract

Hello Waffle Tinted Lip Balms get a 4/5




Shiro Vegan Intertubes and Glosses




Moon Prism Power is a very pretty sheer color with a strong green highlight. It's subtle but every now and then you'll see a flash of color from the light.

Why Not Zoidberg is a cult favorite and there's good reason why. Shiro's Intertubes are amazingly rich and moisturizing with good color payoff. And Zoidberg is the perfect coral.

Unforgettable is a shade that I had custom made in moderate opacity. This lip gloss is fierce! It's a darker almost brick red with subtle copper/gold sparkle and a fuchsia shift. 

Red Wedding was a free sample and I love it. This is a totally sparkle free true red with slight orange tones. It's scented with a fruit punch flavoring that smells great and isn't too strong. And it blots down to a really pretty muted coral.

Intertubes Ingredients: shea butter, organic jojoba oil, candelilla wax, vitamin E, yellow #6, red #27, red #40, iron oxide

Custom Gloss Ingredients (base only): hydrogenated polyisobutene, ethylene/propylene/styrene copolymer, butylene/ethylene/styrene copolymer, meadowfoam seed oil, cocoa butter, vitamin E

Red Wedding Ingredients: Ingredients: hydrogenated polyisobutene, ethylene/propylene/styrene copolymer, butylene/ethylene/styrene copolymer, meadowfoam seed oil, red 40, iron oxide, cocoa butter, castor oil, vitamin E, flavor

Shiro's Intertubes and Glosses get a 5/5


1 comment: